What Is Varicose Veins and Its Symptoms?
Varicose Vein is a common condition where the valves of the veins of a human body don’t work correctly (get damaged or weakened). Due to the malfunctioning of these vein valves, it becomes difficult for the blood to return. Hence, the blood starts accumulating in a particular area, due to which the veins become swollen, twisted, and enlarged.
This medical problem is not so severe, but it can cause pain, itching, and swelling, leading to discomfort. Mostly, middle-aged people are affected by varicose vein health conditions, but it can also occur in other age groups. No medication can cure this problem, but surgery can only fix it. Apart from surgery, one can reduce the effects of varicose veins and limit them by exercising. But to get rid of this medical condition permanently, surgery is the only option. So, let’s know more about Varicose veins surgery and when it is required.
What Are The Symptoms of Varicose Veins?
- If an individual feels severe leg pain, swelling and heaviness in legs, ulcers, blood clots, and bleeding veins.
- If an individual’s day-to-day activities are hampered due to the varicose veins.
- Self-treatment and other pain-relieving remedies fail to improve the condition of the varicose veins.
- Signs of venous reflux diseases.
- Varicose vein conditions result in various other serious medical problems.
Are varicose veins covered by insurance? Insurance companies protect varicose veins treatment only when diagnosed with medical conditions but not in cosmetic surgeries or procedures. So, you must check your insurance plans and ask a doctor or insurance agent about coverage for varicose veins treatment.
Insurance covers the following charges and procedures:
- Pre- and post-hospitalization cover
- Surgeon fees or anesthetist
- ICU charges
- Ambulance charges
- In-patient treatment
When To Consult With A Doctor?
If you have pain or causing itchiness in the affected veins, make an appointment with a doctor and clear all your doubts regarding varicose vein treatment. He suggests you the treatment after seeing or doing a physical examination.
What Can You Do Before Making an Appointment With A Doctor?
- Create a list of all your symptoms related to varicose veins and when they start.
- Family History or Heredity if anyone has the same issue.
- All information about your current medical conditions, if you have any.
- All medicines, vitamins or supplements you are taking
Some common questions related to varicose veins treatment that you can ask from your doctor?
- What’s the most likely cause of my symptoms?
- Is it possible to permanently cure the causes of my varicose veins?
- What Physical examinations will I have to conduct?
- What kind of treatment for varicose veins is suitable for me?
- Do I need to limit any activities?
Varicose Vein is a medical condition which causes the veins to swell and enlarge. It can also cause pain and itching, so surgery is required, which is an expensive process but fortunately, various insurance companies provide insurance for varicose vein treatment.
recommended for you
SUBSCRIBE, SAVE & BE HAPPY
Be the first to know about new products, sales and specials!