How To Notice Whether You Have Dehydration Or Not?
When you are working or facing the scorching sun in the hottest season, that is summer. It is essential to keep the body and skin hydrated when the temperature rises. When the body feels dehydrated, you might feel cramps, exhaustion, and even heart stroke which can be the fatal result of it as these are the dehydration symptoms.
In order to prevent dehydration over the summer, it’s critical to replenish the water lost through perspiration, respiration, and urination. Drinks and meals with a high water content are often consumed to compensate for lost liquid. Dehydration, though, can occur if you lose too much water or don’t consume enough food and liquids, and it can also be severe depending on how much fluid you lose. Continue reading the article to learn more about the causes and symptoms of dehydration.
What are the leading causes of dehydration?
Dehydration is majorly caused by not consuming liquids or just regular water. These fluids can be lost due to many reasons. Let us discuss it in detail.
- We lose water through shedding tears, sweat, vomiting, diarrhea, or frequent urination. Sometimes this might also depend on the climate or performing hard and multiple physical activities and not intaking the correct nutrition.
- This can also be caused due to illnesses likewise gastroenteritis, diarrhea, and also by vomiting.
- When you sweat a lot after a fever or while exercising and by manual work in hot weather.
- Too much consumption of alcohol can also lead to dehydration. Although alcohol is a form of liquid, on the other hand, it also has a diuretic.
- When you have diabetes at this moment again, you are at risk of getting dehydrated because you have a high glucose level in your bloodstream. In this case, your kidney will also try to get rid of the glucose by creating more urine, leading to dehydration.
Who are at risk at the time of the dehydration?
These are the specific age or groups of people affected the most.
- Due to their low body weight, newborns and infants are susceptible to even modest fluid loss.
- Older folks may not realize they are dehydrated and need to drink fluids and Recover ORS Drink to get cured.
- When exercising for extended periods, people with long-term health conditions like diabetes or alcoholism might lose a lot of body fluid through sweat.
How to cure dehydration?
Here are some of the tips that can be followed, and this will also bring out the best and most effective results at the time of dehydration :
- Try to consume Oral Rehydration Solution that can cure your problem.
- You should stop drinking alcohol if you are taking it more frequently then.
- You can also add flavors to your regular water in order to enhance the taste of it.
- You can start intaking coconut water or other juices, which will help restore essential hydration.
Summing it up :
We hope you liked the article and now have an overview of what can be done to treat dehydration. Above mentioned were some ways to cure dehydration, which can lead to other problems and diseases.
SUBSCRIBE, SAVE & BE HAPPY
Be the first to know about new products, sales and specials!